Instalment Fifty Seven

The first thing I ever got right on the first try was this sentence.

The only thing I ever got right on my first try was this sentence.

I put the pen down and shook my head.

This was no way to begin a suicide note.

I wrote one years ago that said, I'm not mad at anybody, this is just something I wanted to do for myself, but it turns out that was a quote from somebody or other and I didn’t want to lay my death at their door.

Wish you were here?

No, too angsty.

I need to get at the reason for ending it all, something that will “WOW” people.

Statistically life is all bad news. It’s not like there are millions of cars or viruses or cancers that strike you down with good fortune, but there are millions of cars or viruses or cancers that will kill or cripple you. No one ever gets bowled over by a money bus crossing the street.

The world is a fucking rotten place and I refuse to take part in it.

Signed,

Melancholy


I can not wait to see the looks on their faces when they read that.

No comments:

Post a Comment