Instalment Four

Epiphanies that change the world are very rare indeed. It is the small, everyday, seemingly mundane epiphanies that will change your life. A matter of simple process, someone who does something differently than you. They have the same aim, achieve the same results but the method employed is so much better, making you step back and think, “Wow!”

Personally whenever I change my doona cover, which is quite often as I love clean sheets, I undertake the following convoluted dance: Grab the doona by the corners, climb into the doona cover, stand up with my arms over my head and match the corners of the cover with the doona, fall face down on the bed, wriggle out of the doona cover, shake it out and button it up. That is just how I though it was done.

My roommate saw me wrestling like two pigs under a blanket and said with sadness, “Why don’t you just turn the cover inside out, grab the edges and shake it?” It blew my mind, my own little revelation.

Such was the epiphany when one night at a fashion week cocktail party, Anorexia and Bulimia bumped into each other and started swapping dieting secrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment