Instalment One Hundred and Twenty Seven


There were three bulls that lived in our house. I never saw any of them but I heard plenty of stories. The bull I never saw the most was the InvisiBull. The children were always telling me I had just missed it, although how they saw it I don’t know. I would walk into a room to find a shattered lampshade or crying child, pretty much any time a bowl or a bone was broken was a sign the InvisiBull had been. “You just missed it mum,” they would say in unison, “it charged through the living room, bumping into everything, we tried to stop it but you know that bull. So that’s how the window got smashed.”

They loved the second bull a lot more but it was forever getting them into trouble. “Why haven’t you cleaned your room?” I would ask but I already knew the answer.

“Mum, the DistractaBull was just here and it was being sooooo funny, you shoulda seen it dancing around, it was very silly!”

And my husband, well he would says he believed somewhere in our house was an AccountaBull but despite all his snorting about it he could never make it appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment