Instalment One Hundred and Twelve

“Mistakes are good as long as they don’t kill you.”

Those words rung in my ears. I was always finding Mistakes where there had been none previously, but they were all small, little things. Sure a Mistake might have tripped me up and left me scared, a red mark or two, but ultimately I had learnt something. They made me the man I am.

Mostly though I kept my head down, worked hard and did my best to avoid Mistakes.

But this Mistake, the one directly in front of me now, was the biggest Mistake I had ever seen, mean looking too.

I had rounded a blind corner down an alleyway late at night and found it standing there, waiting for me.

It grinned.

I stepped back.

’Ello, it said.

Whatever you want, I won’t do it, I said.

You already ’ave, it said, You missed all the good stuff.

What tonight? No I am a bit tired is all so I am calling it a night, I replied.

In your life, it laughed, you worked too hard, you missed all the fun.


I thought I was meant to, I stammered, I didn’t want to… I was afraid of Mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment