Instalment Eighty Two


Ever since she left, I stayed to my side of the bed. The right side was her side and I couldn’t bring myself to spread out. So I slept where I was. That bit of bed started to take the shape of my body. One morning the depression in my bed stopped me getting up. My depression had grown deeper and I could not escape from it. My depression had grown since she left me, when we shared a whole bed and our whole lives. When we were in love. Immersed in my own depression I lay.  I slept. I would wake, stare at the ceiling and I would sleep some more as my depression grew around me, trapping me further.

In the days when I had been busy and in love there would have been nothing that would please me more than days in bed, to rest, especially with her. A bedsore sounded like a badge of the well rested, but no longer. Now I longed for the black and blue bags to return under my eyes, a sign of a full life. Not one lived in bed in your own depression. Live, love, laugh and rotate your mattress.

No comments:

Post a Comment