Instalment Thirty Five

“Always have to be right? Always have to be right?” Persnickety exclaimed, rising from her chair and smoothing out the wrinkles from her skirt as she did so. “I don’t always have to be right. You are making it sound as if me being right is a requirement. That I deliberately bend the facts, that I distort the truth to become right out of necessity. That being right is something I have to have, a need, an addiction, a truth tablet I must pop once a day. That is just not true. I don’t have to be right, I don’t happen to be right. Simply put – I am right. There were facts involved and I knew them. You did not know them and now you offhandedly imply that I am at fault, that I have a character flaw because I know what I say, when I say it. It isn’t even so much that I am always right, it is that I am never wrong. It is called being smart. Next time please just say, There goes Persnickety, she is constantly correct, she doesn’t have to be correct, she just is.”

And with that Persnickety triumphantly exited the job interview.

1 comment: