Instalment One Hundred and Seventy One


The deal Ship Captains get is really second to none. You don’t hear about train captains now do you? They’re just called drivers. No one pats aeroplane pilots on the back for going down with the plane. They’re suck in the cockpit screaming along with the rest of us, no wonder they’re usually drunk in a crash.  But Ship Captains, they’re soooo honourable for going down with the ship! I say you made your bed now you sleep in it pal, I didn’t sink the ship, I don’t have epaulets on my short-sleeved shirt. You know who else has to go down with the ship but literally made zero mistakes? EVERY OTHER MAN ON THE SHIP. It’s not “women, children, and those with no culpability for the situation first!”  If it’s a lady captain I bet that that second rule outweighs the first, if this so called “Maritime Law” is even a real thing. Captains can marry people too! Did we also give them permission to start radio stations off shore? You bet we did. What I’m saying Dad, while you teach me to drive I’m the Car Captain and get to pick the music. No? Classic rock it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment