Instalment One Hundred and Eighteen



I was studying the broadsheet, reading something frivolous, when a Thought passed me by.

Judging by the purposeful stride and resplendent attire, I recognised this was an important Thought with somewhere to be.


I never had come across such a grand Thought in all my life, yet I let this one past me by like a common urchin in the street.


The Thoughts I attracted were meandering fellows, never had anywhere to be and no respectable plans for the future at all.


Tugging at my coat sleeves, Mister I got this idea, they would begin before rambling about some cockamamie scheme, never original mind, involving me loaning them sums of coins, doubtless spent at the nearest ale house, such were my Thoughts.


This fleeting Thought was different. I hurried to catch up.


I say there, I puffed.

Dear boy, the Thought answered, I’ve a damned fine plan and find myself in need of a likely co-conspirator.

It would be my humble honour, I replied eagerly.


Well the plan is... the Thought tailed off, Sink me I believe you have driven it clear out of my head. You wouldn’t spot a fellow tuppence for an ale til it returns would you?  


No comments:

Post a Comment