Instalment Forty Six

“Minimum chips? That’s no way to look at life, is your glass half empty man? Maximum chips for me! Always maximum.”

This is how Success talks. We were in Year 10 when he said that, at the chip shop with a girl I liked. He got the girl and I paid the maximum.

Nothing is small with Success, he lives grand sweeping proclamations. That’s how he got where he is today, or so he says.

“You live your dream or you sell it off piece by piece, day by day, shaving away until you barely remember it.”

His dream must have been to be rich I guess, while I’m selling mine off.

“If you don’t believe in yourself, who will? Who will? Back yourself, back yourself up to the wall and start swinging. That’s what I did.”

The thing with Success, he made it through a lot of luck, everyone like him got lucky at some stage but they damn well claim it was thanks to their own grit.

“Sure I was lucky, I saw that luck and grabbed it, made it my own and made it on my own, that’s what you need to do.”

Success, what a bastard!

No comments:

Post a Comment